Solved

Reporting on Processes by name (owner or expert) when people leave

Hi, I am looking for a report similar to the Process List but where I can select by a username (regardless of if they are the owner or expert) rather than have to export the whole list.

We have had some people leave without transferring their processes and when I go to disable and see there are processes I need to copy and paste the name to review it and then potentially get in touch with the business owner to see who should have it.  This is ok if there are a couple but when there are a lot it is very manual.  ideally I would have the name, minimode, owner, expert, emails for both, version and state on the output and be able to choose a name which would return where they are an owner or expert.

I did try in the Excel API document and got it to filter (would be good to be able to do this easily through Excel but haven't figured this out) but couldn't see a minimode.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Penny 5 May 2022, 00:37

View original

4 replies

My suggestion was going to be to use the reporting API, but I can see you have gone down that path and it didn't quite have all the required information.  You could export the Process list report, with the minimode links included, and use the reporting API in Excel.  You could then use a VLookup in Excel to add the Minimode links to beside the Process information from Excel and filter your list.  

This is a good site on how to use a vlookup https://www.perfectxl.com/excel-glossary/how-to-use-vlookup-excel/

To easily filter in Excel, open your spreadsheet, and Select "Sort and Filter" and then "Filter"

Then you will get drop down lists on the headers that will allow you to select an item fromt eh list, in your case a User - 

All rows that don't match your filter will be hidden. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

The Ownership and User Rights report includes the information you require.
There aren't any parameters to filter by user however once the report is created you can manipulate it in Excel to show what you want.

We use this report weekly when updating staff roles in Promapp, which includes staff who have terminated. I filter the report to the staff person and email it to their manager to find out who to transfer the processes/ownerships to.

thanks this is what I was doing but was hoping for something more streamlined. appreciate the suggestions

thanks.  would be nice if the minimodes were there as well so the manager can click on them rather than have to look up if they need to.  will figure out which I want more.  appreciate your help