Printing of Process Groups

There is a limitation of 100 processes to a process group when printing. This is causing large issues for our company, as we are asked to provide 'manuals' to our clients.

To satisfy this we need to be able to provide a complete process group (eg. for Health and Safety.... essentially this is our 'electronic Health and Safety Manual' for the business).

But as we have 107 processes, Promapp will not produce a PDF.

This has been raised previously and I am raising again as the limitation is once again causing problems for us in providing evidence to one of our clients.

Please raise this limit.

9 replies

Userlevel 1

I feel your pain, we have the same problem for our Finance department. 

For us, we did have sub-folders within our Finance folder so that just meant I had to generate PDF files on these sub-folders which took a lot longer since we have about 10 sub-folders. 

This continues to remain an issue. Despite being raised multiple times with Nintex Promapp over a VERY long period, there doesn't seem to be any move to address this flaw in the software.

@Penny do you know if there is a way to print out just a Group's contents? This would allow us to work around this problem during project tenders. 

@FH_MRG Can you clarify what you mean by "just a groups content", you can print out all Processes within a group, The issue here is that you can't print out more than 100 processes within a group, you need to print it in smaller groups.  

You can uncheck the option to include all Processes in Subgroups, this will mean only the Processes in the initial groups selected, the top level group will be included in the printout. 

An alternative, You can use the Process List report, and filter this to a particular group.  This will list all Processes within a certain group.  If you select the filter option "Include minimode links in Excel" and export the report to Excel, you will have minimode links for every Process.  

Userlevel 1

@FH_MRG and @Penny , another way to easily print multiple groups is by:

1. Get all Group IDs for all process groups in your environment

2. Find your Promapp domain (e.g. https://au.promapp.com/mydomain/)

3. Login to Promapp as a Promaster

4. Replace [#1] with your Promapp domain and [#2] with the Group ID of the group you want to download (see *URL below)

5. Paste that link into your browser and your PDF should start downloading

If you need to do this for a couple of groups, use Excel to replace the text and make it all into hyperlinks so you're just clicks away from all your process PDFs. 

*URL

https://au.promapp.com/ [#1]/Process/ImportExport/Print?ProcessUniqueId=&ProcessRevisionEditId=&ProcessGroupUniqueId=[#2]&ProcessChangeId=&IsMinimode=False&IncludeFlowchart=true&IncludeSubProcesses=true&GroupOption=Group&IncludeProcedure=true&IncludeImages=true&IncludeBusinessAnalysis=true&IncludeFullNotes=true&IncludeTimeframes=true&Orientation=Portrait&PaperKind=A4&NoOfColumns=2 

@Wesso thanks for taking the time to help me! It is a great work around. I couldn't send my large (>100 process) group to print but I will be able to send a bunch of subgroups to print at one time and then compile the contents by hand. This is going to be useful for both tenders and sending evidence to prequalification datastores.

Thanks for your quick response @Penny . Ideally we'd love to see a print 'contents' checkbox option on the print window if it isn't possible to resolve the pring >100 process to pdf issue. Is that something the team could do?

Userlevel 1

@FH_MRG, if you want to optimise this even further... what you could do is use Microsoft Power Automate and create a Cloud Flow that will log into Promapp > Get those PDFs > Save to SharePoint. 

I've got this setup to run once a month (it's all done automatically) to create PDF versions of all our processes as a back up.

This is a bit more complicated and will require the use of HTTP requests, but if you're familiar with all this, essentially all I'm saying is, it's all possible as I've done it before 🙂 

Happy to share how I did it but probably offline via email or something. Just let me know your email and we can continue there. 

@FH_MRG I am still not sure what you mean by "Contents" can you elaborate what you mean by that term?  A list of the processes and sub processes?