Not able to use spaces in a System name in Promapp

Badge +1

We have number of systems in the business with more than one word in their name.  ie  Bottomline PTX, Oracle Web Centre etc.  Promapp does not seem to allow a space in a system title when adding a system to the Systems, tools and apps list.  We can't be the only company that uses systems with more than one word.  I don't want to go down the road of using underscores or dashes or missing spaces.  What are my options here?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Good day, @Route66!

I ran into this sort of issue when I was a Promaster in a past life. What we ended up doing, and is a solid suggested practice, is to have underscores in the System Name, with a version of the system's name without underscores in the Tag(s) field. Once Promapp re-indexes, it will pick up all versions of the name:

You could also add in acronyms in the tags section to catch any of that type of usage like OWC.

Hope that helps! 

-Sam

Additionally, you can add your vote and comments to this post in UserVoice https://nintex.uservoice.com/forums/919189-7-nintex-promapp/suggestions/42096556-change-system-list-requirements-to-allow-spaces-in

Badge +1
Thanks Penny for your guidance. Voted
Badge +1
Thanks for the guidance, I just thought that as we now live in the 21st century, it would look a little more professional without underscores.

Advice appreciated
Badge +1
This problem was not SOLVED as it suggests. A work around was offered. I'm sorry but a work around is not solving the problem. I still need the ability to put in system names without underscores etc.