Solved

@Mention still not sending emails?

• 15 March 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

It was due in Feb 2020 then it was rolled back, then it was due last week but it's still not working.

I see it's announced in the 'Whats new' section which appears to be dated 28th of Feb 2022, has it been released?

It's mentioned in the documentation which states it'll work if the 'Enable email notifications for @mentions (Default:On)' setting is set to on, which it is, but it's still not sending emails.

The documentation on help.nintex.com doesn't include any additional requirements, I believe all users are configured in a way that would enable this to work, their email addresses are entered in the 'email' field which I presume is required?

Has anyone been able to make it work without enabling emails for all feedback?

Eddie

icon

Best answer by KerryHiki 16 March 2022, 21:46

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Good day, @EddieThomas -

I'm giving this a test on my end of things and will follow up once I either get an email from an @ mention or not.  If not, I'll request more support.

I do see where it is mentioned that it is fixed in the March 2022 release notes, but I don't know what version of Promapp that relates to.  My site is currently at version 4.9.6.13.

Regards, 

-Sam

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Nothing received on this end from my Promapp site.

@KerryHiki any information on this feature you can share?

Thanks!

-Sam

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
I'm also on 4.9.6.13, is this the latest version?
Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Now it's sending email notifications for all feedback when the setting is set to off?! 

I've now got to waste more time speaking to people who are receiving emails when they weren't supposed to.

This is so frustrating!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@EddieThomas - 

Still on version 4.9.6.13 on my end.  Here's what I've found in my testing this morning:

• Enable email notifications for @ mentions: OFF

• Enable email when feedback posted: OFF

• Results:

• No email sent when feedback with an @ mention is left. This is expected.

• No email sent when feedback is left. This is expected.

• Enable email notifications for @ mentions: ON

• Enable email when feedback posted: OFF

• Results:

• Email sent to @ mention person when feedback is left. This is expected.

• Email sent to Process Expert when feedback is left. This is not expected.

• Enable email notifications for @ mentions: OFF

• Enable email when feedback posted: ON

• Results:

• No email sent to @ mention person when feedback is left. This is expected.

• Email sent to Process Expert when feedback is left. This is expected.

• Enable email notifications for  @ mentions: ON

• Enable email when feedback posted: ON

• Results:

• Email sent to @ mention person when feedback is left. This is expected.

• Email sent to Process Expert when feedback is left. This is expected.

@Penny and @Brent_Doc - any suggestions from your side of things?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
The second scenario is how I'm configured and have been configured for a few weeks.

The version number hasn't changed but the email notifications are behaving differently as of around 18 hours ago.

I've submitted Support Case #00453458 on this issue. The last correspondence was a request for me to do the assessment that you've done.

It sounds like the issue could be temporarily mitigated by turning off the @mentions emails, even though the users are not being tagged in the feedback.

Do we know when this might be resolved?

The way this was implemented is that the same email sending behaviour for @mentions is exhibited whether the feedback email setting is on or off, hence the owner and expert also getting the feedback email.

We will have to make further changes to only send emails to the specific @mentioned users. I've created a ticket for this in our backlog. But I can't confirm a release date at this time.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Thank you, @KerryHiki!!

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Thanks @KerryHiki!