Solved

Link Process to a U Drive Folder

• 22 October 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

I have been trying to link a part of my process to a U-Drive folder where we store our shared mastersheet. But once I link using "Link to Network" the link doesn't work. 

Does anyone knows if there is a way I can link to a folder opposed to a file?

icon

Best answer by Damian 22 October 2019, 04:51

View original

5 replies

There's a workaround that we used to use - create a shortcut to the folder and link to that instead. Little extra steps but it worked.

However be aware that links to network drivesfolders are becoming less supported (e.g. doesn't work in Chrome). Moving to something online like SharePoint is the better path if possible.

Hi Damien,

I have tried your suggestion but didn't managed to make it work.

I ended up entering as a note for now while my Promaster gets back to me.

Thank you for your time.

Alex

Badge +2

I think I've got the same issue here. My process author is trying to link a document from a shared drive. The default config has: ^(\\).+|^([d-zD-Z]:\).+ 

If this is similar to adding prefixes for linked URLs, then do I just parse it with the | and wrap it with ^(####).+ to define another document link prefix? I'll go test that out, but was hoping someone could just tell me. Thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Same issue here, we've been trying to do it too. It looks like the main limitation is the fact that a link has to point to a 'file' or at least something with an extension, i.e. https://au.promapp.com/Profile/Avatar.aspx.

It's a bit frustrating that this isn't an option, please vote for this in the ideas forum.

Would like the ability to link to a whole folder on an internal drive and not just a file within that folder. – Customer Feedback for Nintex (uservoice.com)

Thanks for all the responses, good to see someone has figured out an (unnecessary) workaround.

Eddie

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

How do you link a shortcut when it's not an approved file type?

is it a .lnk file or something else?