Solved

Individual processes not showing under the assigned process folder (Process folder is empty)

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been answered but was not able to find answer through a search.

I am basically trying to find out how to get my processes to be visible when I check the process group folder but folder indicates it is empty. I checked each individual process and they were effectively added to the Process group. Do not know why this is happening.

Many thanks in advance for answering my query.

Regards,

James Albert

icon

Best answer by Penny 10 May 2022, 20:54

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi James, sounds like a bit of a pickle. I would definitely like to try and help you. Could you share some screenshots of the issue and I can try and figure out what might be going on?

Hi James, 

There can be a couple of reasons for this, the most likely reason is that the Processes in the folder are unpublished.  The processes do not show on the group overview until they have been published for the first time.  Once that first publish has happened they'll show on the default overview.  This sounds like the most likely scenario here as you mentioned the Process Group is empty.  

The other reason why some processes do not show on the Group overview is because the group overview has been edited.  As soon as it has been edited, only what you edit to show on the group overview will show.  To check this you can flick to the "Edit" tab of the group.  If the "Group Overview" section here is empty, then you are using the default overview, if there are processes listed in here you are using an edited group overview and will either need to remove all the processes to go back to using the default or add the Processes you wish to see.  

Example of the edit screen of an edited group overview:

Example of one using the default overview:

Hi Markdu, Thank you for your quick response.
I managed to find some partial answers but I guess what I'm trying to determine is if a process group folder should be used as a bucket to "group" individual processes that fall under the same department but may not necessarily be connected.
I found information that suggests that the process group folder is valuable for bringing together large processes that link with each other making it a megaprocess and the process group folder offers that bird's eye view of it all. Hope I'm making sense to you, many thanks again.
Hi Penny, Thank you for your quick response.
I managed to find some partial answers but I guess what I'm trying to determine is if a process group folder should be used as a bucket to "group" individual processes that fall under i.e same department but may not necessarily be linked to each other within the process group.
I found information that suggests that the process group folder is valuable for bringing together large processes that link with each other making it a megaprocess therefore the process group folder offers a bird's eye view of it all. Hope I'm making sense to you, many thanks again.

Hi James, 

The Process group can be used for both!  When you edit the group overview and assign roles to Processes, then you essentially turn it into a Mega process (any processes in that group not added to the overview are shown on the left hand side, and any you add the the group overview with no role assigned are shown individually at the bottom).  

If you don't edit the group overview and use the default, then it acts like a bucket.  Often clients will use Process groups as a bucket to store processes.  and there are a vairety of different ways to set this up, and then they may have one or two process groups where they use this to depict a mega process - often to show their end to end customer journey, or other significant mega process important to their organisation.