How to manage processes when owner or expert goes on leave

• 21 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone,

How do you manage processes when the owner or expert goes on leave?

For approvals ect we transfer their ownership and rights to the user acting in their position however apart from taking a screenshot of what was transferred there doesn't appear to be an easy or quick way to transfer back and forth between users. A few processes or even ten isn't such a drama however I have one user with 61 processes, 10 process groups and 30 risks. It they are not transferred the user acting does not receive any notifications and therefore does not know if they have to action anything.

Thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

This has definitely been a challenge, and I wanted to point out it is one of the higher requested improvement in the suggested topics. So hopefully we will have a good solution in the future.

https://nintex.uservoice.com/forums/919189-7-nintex-promapp/suggestions/37813594-delegation-of-process-responsibilities

In the interim we have to use some workaround. We have worked with the groups at our organization using Promapp, when they want to have someone cover the absence of a process owner/expert with a delegate we set the delegate up as an additional approver.  That would allow the delegate to get notifications.  When the delegate approved, they would also send an email to Promasters at our organization (like myself).  We would push through the approval, noting the reason for the bypassing the normal approvals.  When the owner/expert returns the additional approver is removed.

The problems with this approach is that it takes a Promaster to add/remove additional approvers and to bypass the absent approver(s).

If anyone else has a better solution, would love to hear it too.

-Nick

Hi Nick,

Thank you for responding!

I voted and commented on the link you attached - it's a shame that this has been in the pipeline for so long but the functionality is yet to be developed/released when it is a common issue.

Just to clarify, are you adding the delegate to "process approvers" at the group level? When an expert/owner submits a process for approval the delegate would also receive an email notification based on the user being listed in this stakeholder section?

Thanks.

Vanessa

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Nes,

Typically it has never been clean enough to do this at a folder/group level.  Usually there has been a mixed bag of who was the process owner/expert within a group, so we would do this at the per process level (adding the additional approver). 

You mentioned email notifications for stakeholders, using the "Add Stakeholder" would only send dashboard notifications for changes that have been made.  To have the delegate receive an email of  submitted change you would need to add them as an additional approver.

If I was faced with a scenario like the one you had with dozens of process owned by the same person who would be out, and they were not the only processes in a specific folder, I would likely take the same approach you have taken to temporarily transfer the owner/expert role to the delegate.  Going into that many individual process to set up and remove afterwards would be too cumbersome. 

A real delegate feature would be very welcome.