Solved

How do I unpublish a variant?

• 3 March 2022
  • 8 replies

How do I go about unpublishing a variant in Promapp?  The only information I could find close to this topic was from 2015. 

Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by Lauren_R 7 March 2022, 20:45

View original

8 replies

@Nintex_Sam - Any recommendations?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Apologies for the delay, @NGPinDurham -

Have you looked into the Nintex Help section on Process Variant Management or this Community article?

Regards, 

-Sam

@Nintex_Sam, yes i did before posting. My question is how do i remove a variant that's been published in error?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Good to know, @NGPinDurham. Variants are a weak spot in my Promapp knowledge, as we didn't use them in my previous life.  @Lauren_R or @MattHSpears can you help out on this one, please?

-Sam

If you want to delete a variant, you have to restore the process to standard first then you should be able to delete it.

If you want to delete the whole variant group, it might be faster to duplicate the process (creates a new process without any variations) and delete the one with variants.

Badge +6

Hi @NGPinDurham,

I don't think you can 😞

One of the challenges with PVM includes being unable to roll back to past versions, and since we removed the publish/unpublish config option this means a pretty limited arsenal to resolve this sort of thing.

If it is a process specific variation against the process you could export the variant process text, archive the variant and then add a new variant - importing the process text.

If it is a global variation applied to the process then that isn't an option - in my experience I would take the unsavory route of copying my standard and starting again, archiving the previous published process (I'd use the export/import process text option and notepad to reduce the amount of retyping for the variants).

I'm really sorry I don't have a better solution for you!

If you want any assistance with the work arounds mentioned above feel free to reach out - I'm happy to chat 🙂

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

If it is a global variation, you will want to open the Edit tab of the process, hover over the "gear icon" on the far right, and select the option to "Revert to STANDARD." This will make that variant identical to the STANDARD. Note that you will lose any "in-progress" work that was part of the previous version that was accidentally published.

If this is an issue, I suggest you "Export Procedure Text" the accidentally published variant before reverting it to STANDARD. Once it is reverted, you can "Import Procedure Text" and create a new in-progress version. Note that any documents or linked processes will need to be re-established. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@NGPinDurham - Did Matt's explaination help you with your issue? If so, please mark it as an accepted solution. If not, please let us know how we can continue to assist.

-Sam