Formatting text

How can I format text in a "task" or "note"? For example adding colour and emboldening as follows:

make a note of the invoice number

13 replies

Hi,

Unfortunately advanced formatting is not available when editing processes. We do have an existing idea in our forum here if you would like to vote for it https://ideas.nintex.com/ideas/IDEA-I-4201

Regards,

Kerry

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

You shouldn't need to format text in Promapp as the idea is to simplify the information so only the important information is included.

if you need to ensure something is done (like make a note of the number), then I'd make this a separate task within the activity.  To highlight the task even more you could add a note that says something like 'Why do I need to note down the number'? and adding an explanation as to what this is used for.

Thanks for the idea which is much appreciated and which is a good work around, but does this really simplify things?

Badge +2

It’s kind of ironic we can format our text in this forum, but not in ProMapp.

Badge +2

I did find a solution in the xml file template This will give you a square bullet and a list. You just type your text and put this in-between:                                                                        ||||▪

I haven’t figured out how to tab it in yet.

Line Break: |~|

line break with a dash for emphasis: |~|-

line break with a bullet and a space between the bullet: |~||~|▪

Click Alt plus 7 on number pad for a bullet

This list works: 1.    Sample text.
•    

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

We insert windows emojis on tasks to make them stand out, or alternatively use notes.

Badge +2

@Wendy2 Thanks. How do you do that? 

We insert windows emojis on tasks to make them stand out, or alternatively use notes.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Tony 
During text entry, type Windows logo key + . (full stop).  the emoji keyboard will appear. Select an emoji with your mouse or keep typing to search through the available emojis for one that suits. Note they appear in colour when viewing processes online, but it you print to PDF they are in B&W. 

Badge +2

Hi Tony 
During text entry, type Windows logo key + . (full stop).  the emoji keyboard will appear. Select an emoji with your mouse or keep typing to search through the available emojis for one that suits. Note they appear in colour when viewing processes online, but it you print to PDF they are in B&W. 

Hi Wendy, Many Thanks. If you don’t mind, could you tell me the ones you use? Are they from the Omega section?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

We tend to keep to this selection, from the “Symbols” 

Badge +2

Hi Wendy Many Thanks😁

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

The heavy black square we use when we want to add tick boxes into our SOPs (which we print for operational staff to answer training questions)

Badge +2

This is great, please feel free to put any more you have. I mean, it would help because you already have a system. No sense in recreating the wheel.