Export from Promapp to Visio

• 11 May 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi, I know this question was asked and answered back in June 2016 but I wondered if there had been any updates in the 4 years since.

Is there any option to export from Promapp and into Visio?

I know I can export from Promapp in XML but I don't think I can import into Visio with XML. 

What is the recommend approach if an organisation wants to move away from Promapp to a lesser tool?

Thanks,

Nick

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @_Nick_, you should be able to export to BPMN/XPDL. There's a setting in Promapp Admin to toggle that on/off so if you're not a Promaster you might have to request your Promaster to toggle this setting (see attached screen shot).

I'm not very familiar with Visio so I can't say for certain but a quick Google search shows that Visio should be able to import XPDL files. If not natively there should be an add-on that enables this.

Let me know how you go, if you're able to export as BPMN/XPDL or not.

Hi @Wesso 

Yes I am the Promaster and I have found that option and enabled it.

I am able to export now to BPMN/XPDL but I am having an issue importing.

I tried to import into Lucidchart but that did not work. (Lucidchart is not going to be the tool of choice anyway, unfortunately it is going to be Visio)

I struggled to find the right add on in Visio to import and I searched on Google.

If you could share the link which you followed to help with the Visio import that would be great.

Thanks for your help :)

Userlevel 1

I haven't tried these and they could be old, but this is what I found: