Solved

Easy Way to Manage Process Creation Rights

• 25 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi Promappers

I am looking for a good way to limit process creation in our repository. 

What I want to do is have default users as read only, then have selected users with the ability to create processes. I don't want to grant BA or PM privileges to these users only the ability to create processes.

I know I can switch the the setting so that only PM, BA and PC can create processes, but this then leaves me with having to add each user separately to each Process Group as a Process Champion when they need to have process creation rights to. 

Ideally I would like to do this via role allocation. Realistically I feel this should have been added as a privilege type so it can be managed at the user level but obviously we are limited to the 3 privileges that the developers have given us.

Has anyone come up with a simple solution for this?

Cheers

icon

Best answer by Nintex_Sam 27 January 2022, 20:29

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

@Nintex_Sam or @RosinE could you perhaps assist here?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Thanks, @MillaZ!

@SamHesford - I don't have a work around solution for you on this one, based off of my Promaster experience.  We kept process creation open to everyone in the company, as our goal was to have all staff be participants in creating or suggesting processes.  Let me poke around on this side to see if there are other ways - or if it is just how the system is.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@SamHesford -

There is not an alternative.  It either has to be open to everyone or restricted by settings.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest adding it to Nintex User Voice for consideration.

Thanks to @Penny for the assist.

-Sam

Thanks @Nintex_Sam 

I had a feeling that was the answer. Have added it as a suggestion to the User Voice page.

Cheers