How to add user to the Administrators group in K2 server

Badge +1

Hi

After K2 BlackPear was upgraded to version 4.6 by another administrator, I followed and upgraded K2 BlackPoint from version 4.5 to 4.6.   The upgraded went well but after that,  when running K2 for SharePoint in Central Admin,  I got some errors as below.  

Can someone show me the steps to make the change as the error indicated?

In SP Central Admin, when running K2 Designer for SharePoint Configuration I got this.

The logged on user does not have Administrator rights in K2 Server. Please add this user to the Administrators group in K2 server.

how do I add the user to Administrator group in K2 server?

In SharePoint Central Admin,  when runing Activate All K2 Features and K2 Configuration Settings or K2 for SharePoint configuration , I got this

"The Value 'General - RuntimeServicesURL' in the K2 settings list item must not be empty, check the K2 install log for errors

How do I resolve this?

Thanks in advance for any solution, advice or comments.

Xuan

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi In blackpoint you will have to create a K2 Process Portal site and form the Administration link on that page you will be able to grant K2 Server rights. In your case I would think you will have to be logged in as the previous Admin or K2 Service account to ensure you have permission to do this. For the second issue I would run the K2 Setup manager in Repair mode and then run through the K2 for Sharepoint config wizard again.

HTH

Vernon

Badge +5

I'm very new to K2, so this is just a guess, but

...if you go to workspace, click Management -> Management Console -> Workflow Server -> Server Rights -> Add yourself as an Admin.  I'm not sure how permissions will work, you may have to login as the sysAdmin to add yourself.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

That is true, but its also the difference between Blackpearl and Blackpoint. Blackpoint has no Workspace.

Vernon

Badge +5

OOps, I should have read more carefully.  Sorry.

Badge +5

OK, I slowed down and read more carefully.

Permissions should be
Your central Admin/_layouts/K2/Security.aspx

We got that RuntimeError ourselves after an install.
I think if you find the install log it points to a .config file.  We went in and found it was missing a path to the runtime enviornment, and we had to put it in.

Not positive on that second part, but if you find the error in the log and pass it along, I can run it by our network guy that helped with the install.  He may remember some of the specifics.

Badge +1

Thanks

I followed this and was able added the user to the Administrator group on the K2 server.

Xuan