cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sjferguson
Nintex Newbie

What is the current Workflow for Office 365 equivalent of the flexitask with multiple approvers?

Jump to solution

We're migrating content from our Sharepoint on-premise farms into 365 and have come across a pretty good showstopper for any content with approval workflows built in Nintex - it appears we've lost the flexi task action, and the approver task doesn't seem to have the functionality for multiple approvers or the various voting outcomes. Has this functionality been removed for Workflow 365 or are we missing something obvious?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: What is the current Workflow for Office 365 equivalent of the flexitask with multiple approvers?

Jump to solution

It is called "start a task action" here.

Check out my blog post telling the differences and migration approach: https://community.nintex.com/community/build-your-own/nintex-for-office-365/blog/2017/04/14/nintex-m...

Regards

Tomasz

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
sjferguson
Nintex Newbie

Re: What is the current Workflow for Office 365 equivalent of the flexitask with multiple approvers?

Jump to solution

I know that's the new task for passing approvals - our problem is that this action is lacking in so much functionality that we can't migrate most of our workflows without a great deal of redevelopment; What we need to know is if things like multiple approvers and the various voting options are going to be added, or if 365 development has been canned to concentrate on Nintex Cloud.

It's very disappointing that, after the comments made about the power and flexibility of the 365 workflows made at the roadshow in May, we find we've actually lost functionality from the 2010 version.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

What sort of functionalities are you missing?

Multiple approvers in "Start a task action" are present - you can create a separate task for many users or even a group of users. The same with voting options. You can add more than two outcomes, you can even create your own content type and define the outcomes there, then to use it in your action.

Knowing the "Flexitask" the only thing that is really missing is the delegation functionality.

Are you migrating with Sharegate or...?

Regards,

Tomasz

0 Kudos
sjferguson
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Are you saying that in the start task action, you can set up options to carry on from first response, majority or unanimous responses? There doesn't appear to be anything there for handling multiple responders - if I try to add more than one name to the assignee field I get an error saying you can only have one name.

I've seen posts on here and blogs outside of the Nintex community saying that you have to start parallel processes to come close to the functionality which was built into the flexitask, though you have to wait for each person to respond or the task to expire before collating the results into a vote.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Well, yes - you can set those options:

Maybe you are misusing "Assign a Task" with a "Start a Task" actions? 

Regards,

Tomasz

0 Kudos