cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahulbarua
Nintex Newbie

Wait for Field Change in Current Item is empty

I have done migration from on prem environment to online but below action is not seems to work.

Wait for item update

What is the alternative action in online and we are checking for condition if column is not not empty but i don't see that option in the action 

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Wait for Field Change in Current Item is empty

@rahulbarua sorry for the delay on responding. We recently moved to a new platform and lots of things got shuffled around. 

The Wait for item update is not available in O365 and the alternative would be the Wait for Field Change in Current - https://help.nintex.com/en-US/o365/#o365/O365WorkFlow/WorkflowActions-STD/WaitforFieldChangeinCurren...

0 Kudos
toms
Nintex Newbie

Wait for field change in current item is the obvious alternative, but it's missing a lot of functionality that the on prem version had. Similar to Rahul, I would like to wait for a field to be not empty as well but the "wait for field change in current item" action can only be set for when a column equals value.

Is there a solution that allows the workflow to wait for a column to be not empty that doesn't involve creating another workflow?

0 Kudos
anujabhojani
Nintex Newbie

I am also facing the same issue, any workaround?

0 Kudos
Community Manager

@anujabhojani @rahulbarua @toms - can you think through this some. First off, you can't compare on-prem to O365, the engines are completely different. The functionality for some actions are the same but not all, and thus you have different behaviors to expect.

Wait for a column to "not be empty" means that you want a value to be checked. The values are null and some other value. By default, null is technically not a value, which is why you can't check for a null value. So instead of trying to have it wait for a field to "not be empty" why not have it check for an update or a change to a column that is used as a dependency. The goal here would be to shift the value you need to check to something that is like a status and proceed with your logic.

0 Kudos
Community Manager

Here's a solution for implementing like typed functionality of Wait for Item Update in Nintex for Office 365: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb2Er6uWS0g

If you like this solution, please mark it as an accepted answer to help others!

How to configure your workflow to pause until a list field is populated with a value.
0 Kudos