Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Call web service equivalent

Jump to solution

Hi

We've recently started migrating from Sharepoint 2013 on-prem to Sharepoint Online. This migration also means a migration from Nintex 2013 to Nintex for O365. However, I'm having troubles with finding the O365 equivalent of the Call web service action from 2013. I tried both Web request and Call HTTP web service but I don't know how to configure them like in 2013.

My current setup in 2013 is like this (and works btw): screenshot.png

I don't know which O365 action I should use and how to configure it. I don't seem to have the same fields.

Can anyone assist me with this please?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Call web service equivalent

Jump to solution

Hi Stavros,

There are some great How To videos on both the Web Service and Web Request actions that I've linked below that you can review for more information on how and when to use the respective actions. 

Looking at your old setup I suspect that you should be able to use the Web Request action with the GET method, however I'm not super familiar with the Axiom web services. Is your service still being hosted on your on-prem environment or has it also been moved to the cloud? If it's still running in your on-prem environment, you'll need to make sure that the URL is accessible to Azure which is where all O365 web services calls will come from.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi butlerj

Thanks for your reply, I will take a look at the videos. The service is indeed on-premise, but we're working on a gateway connection to connect all required on-prem services with Azure. So I know it probably won't work just yet, but I want to be prepared for when we have the gateway.

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution
I watched the videos, but it's still not clear to me how I can transform my existing action into either one of the others. Of course, since I don't have the connection to my on-prem systems, it's impossible to test right now. And even when that's done, it will be tedious to test, since Nintex for O365 doesn't have the "Run now" feature in the designer anymore. I hope they add that soon.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Here is an example of how I would configure the Web Request action to interact with the SharePoint GetList web service.

WebRequestExample.png

I know this isn't a perfect example of how axiom would work, but it looks like you are/were using a SOAP request to your Axiom API, so you should be able to configure the Web Request action pretty similar to how you have your action configured in on-prem. I don't believe you'll need to pass a username and password in your request body (as that's handled via the Username/Password fields in the action if you're using basic auth. You can also provide your headers within the Methods section, althrough I haven't provided any in the screenshot above as the GetList method does not require additional headers.

Let me know if that helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution
Thanks, that makes a bit more sense. I'll give it a try once I have the on-prem gateway connector and will let you know the results.
0 Kudos