Nintex form version

• 3 November 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +8

Greetings:

Is there a way to programmatically obtain the version number of the latest published form for display on that form? The version number appears on the design canvas and in the version history list (see images) but I can't find a way to capture that in a form variable for display in the footer of published forms.  In the example shown I would expect to get version=10.0.  

Environment: Nintex Enterprise Forms, 2010.

Thanks,

Bruce

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

following formula might have worked

(note to replace ListID with respective common reference)

lookup('NintexForms','FormListId','{'+ListID+'}','Version')

‌ NintexForms Library‌

Badge +8

Thank you, Marian, this is just what I was looking for.  -Bruce

Badge

Hi Emha 

I'm bit newer with Nintex, could you explain more about the formula? I'm working in Nintex 2016 and trying to apply this in a calculated value but once a put that formula in my form at calculated value my form does not show any data 

lookup('NintexForms','FormListId','{'+ListID+'}','Version')‍‍

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

is there any more documentation on this? I have not been able to get this to work and I would like to display the form version to the users.

Badge +4

Same Problem, can't get this to work. Can anybody give some more information?

Badge

Can someone explain how to do this further?  I've floundered around trying to get it to work for far too long.   Here's a free taco as advance payment for your assistance:

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I have written up a more comprehensive answer to this question here: https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint-Forum/Current-Form-Version-single-form/m-p/221885/highlight/true#M81206

Let me know if you need any additional help.

@EricV@jaxkookie@perlanava 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

That was very helpful. O365 does not have a FormListId, But adding the Title field to the view, and manually updating it with the List GUID, I can now make this work. I was able to test, changing the form and the Title field stayed populated. Thank you for detailing this out.

EDIT: I also tried to update the Title and Description on the settings tab, but that data is not pushed to the Nintex library. I also changed using the Title for for the List GUID, and replace with the Form Name. Makes it easier to determine, and can use the form file ID for the look up.