"User Task" in K2 Designer Workflow is not sending Notification Email

• 18 January 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi

I am designing a workflow using K2 Designer. In this, I am using "User Task" Activity. within the "<User Task Name> - Participants" wizard, I have specified the participants and also checked/ticked

"Notify Participants when they receive a work list"

Still I do not receive a notification email from a user task activity. 

However, Send Email Activity successfully sends email.

How to send email notification from a User Task activity?

Thanks

5 replies

Badge +12

Hi Abdul, 

Thank you for logging this community post.  Will it be possible to attach a screenshot to the post on what entry you entering within the destination field? It could also be the case that notification mails may be queued upon MSMQ. You can choose to restart this via the service pane also restart the K2 server and see if this resolves the issue. 

Kind regards, 

Percy

Badge +2

emails are being sent by Send Email activity. it is the Uesr Task activity which is not sending email. I also tested it by adding my user, still it did not send me email from User Task.

The systems at my workplace does not let me upload a file here in accordance with the company policy.

Badge +10

By any chance, are you including large attachments in emails? I had this issue because of large attachments.

Badge +2

I am not attaching any attachment. I tested the same in UAT and it is not working there as well. Surely something is wrong with User Task Actiivty in K2 configuration. But what could it be?

Email activity is working fine in UAT aswell.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Can you check the HostServerXXX.log for any errors? The log file is located in K2_installed_directoryHost ServerBin.