"Error", "ADManager.GetGroups", "Unknown error (0x80005000)

• 28 June 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi all,

Anyone know what this error is and how to fix it?

It is appearing in the AdumError logs

"20*personal details removed*:16:23::891", "Error", "ADManager.GetGroups", "Unknown error (0x80005000)", " at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail)
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind()
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject()
at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyCollection.Contains(String propertyName)
at SourceCode.Security.ADManager.K2UserManager2.GetContainers(IdentityReference identity)", "Additional Information: ", "GetContainers()"

On K2 4.7 with Fixpack 46

3 replies

Badge +9

Hi Sharpharp1

You problem is similar to the error of the ticket below and i will recommend you to log a Ticket

I have noticed that we keep getting the following error log in our AdumError log file, it will be much appreciated if you can help us out resolve K2 throwing the same error every sec.

"2019-05-15 05:13:57::860", "Error", "GetDirectoryEntry", "Unknown error (0x80005000)", " at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail)
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind()
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.RefreshCache()
at ADUM.K2UserManager2.GetDirectoryEntry(String path)", "Additional Information: ", "GetDirectoryEntry(LDAP://)"
"2019-05-15 05:13:57::860", "Error", "ADManager.GetGroups", "StartIndex cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: startIndex", " at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
at SourceCode.Security.ADManager.K2UserManager2.GetPath(String path)
at SourceCode.Security.ADManager.K2UserManager2.GetContainers(IdentityReference identity)", "Additional Information: ", "GetContainers()"

Should you find the information from the article useful or leading you to the answer please mark as "Solution and/or Kudo", as it will assist other k2 developers with relevant information in the near future.

Best Regards

Elvis

[K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member]

Badge +3
Hi,

Is this a recurring error or once off?
For example does it log every (X) amount of time?
Did it start happening after any recent changes?
Userlevel 3
Badge +16
Noticing it 7-8 times a day. Sometimes at 15 min interval, other times an hour. Quite random

I want to know if it is affecting my forms and what does the error mean and how to resolve it.

We recently migrated the DB to a new server, so not sure if that is a reason