XML config file for Escalation

Badge +4
Hi All,

This is a very funny issue.

I want to know whether any Config file exists for Escalation where we can set the escalation rule i.e., We can set the days/hours/minutes/seconds after which the Escalation action will take place . Everytime I want to change the days/hours/minutes/seconds I should simply open the file and change in the file itself.

If it exists then what is the file and it's location .

If it doesnot exsists then can anyone provide such a config file .

Pls reply ASAP . It's highly URGENT.

Thanks and Regards.

3 replies

Badge +11
No such file or functionality exists.

If you really want to do something like that, why don't you use the StringTable values - then you can just modify the value in K2.net Service Manager.

I would be curious as to why you would want to do this. Do you want ALL of your escalations firing at the same time? This can cause performance impact on K2.net Server. If you forget to change the value timeously, you're escalations will either throw errors on instantiation or fire immediately.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +4
Hi Ockert,

Thanks a lot for REPLYING.

It was of great help (String Table concept).

What actually I wanted is Dynamic escalations. Like if we use GUI then escalation rule will be static in nature. But doing as U haev suggested will make it somewhat dynamic in nature .

I have not tried it .

If I get any problem regarding "STRING TABLE" , I will get back to U . Hope U do not mind .

Thanks and Regards.
Badge +3

I've used something similar.  We've factored out most of the repetitive K2 code out and declared rules in a configuration xml file.  The file consists of a list of activity nodes where each activity specifies the information that is common among most of the activities in our workflows.  In this snippet of the xml, you can see the escalation node that specifies the escalation timing.   Here's the example of one activity.

<Activity name="Area Tech Mgr">
            <CurrentStageStore mode="ProcessDataField" />
            <Destinations>
                <Role source="list" type="ERML" roleName="Area Tech Mgr" queryFileName="GetExecRoleUsers_Null_Gmkt_PSC_Region.xml"
                    userFieldInternalName="UserName">
                    <QueryParam fieldName="@projectRole" fieldVal="Area Tech Mgr" />
                    <QueryParam fieldName="@areaUnit" fieldVal="[current_area_unit]" />
                </Role>
            </Destinations>
            <Events>
                <MailEvent name="Stage Decision">
                    <Subject>Ready For Area Owner Approval</Subject>
                    <EmailBody resourceFileName="FDP_GateReviewGenericEmail.txt" />
                    <ToRoles>
                        <Role source="list" type="ERML" roleName="Area Tech Mgr" queryFileName="GetExecRoleUsers_Null_Gmkt_PSC_Region.xml"
                            userFieldInternalName="UserName">
                            <QueryParam fieldName="@projectRole" fieldVal="Area Tech Mgr" />
                            <QueryParam fieldName="@areaUnit" fieldVal="[current_area_unit]" />
                        </Role>
                    </ToRoles>
                    <CcRoles></CcRoles>
                </MailEvent>
                <ClientEvent name="Stage Decision">
                    <SmartFormRelativeUrl>/EparsSmartForms/FDPApproval/GateReviewApproval.aspx?sn=@SERIALNO&amp;EventName=@EVENTNAME&amp;Stage=@CURRENTSTAGE&amp;Activity=@CURRENTACTIVITYNAME</SmartFormRelativeUrl>
                </ClientEvent>
            </Events>
            <Escalation>
                <EscalationRule days="0" hours="0" minutes="5" repeats="3" />
                <EscalationAction>
                    <MailEvent>
                        <EmailBody resourceFileName="FDP_ProcessPendingApprovalEmail.txt" />
                        <ToRoles>
                            <Role source="projectbidteam" type="projectbidteam" roleName="Project Startup Approver" />
                        </ToRoles>
                    </MailEvent>
                </EscalationAction>
            </Escalation>
        </Activity>

Of course, there is the supporting code/logic that is used to parse the xml file.  It is relatively straightforward and has worked very nicely for two systems I've implemented in the past two years.