Solved

how do i populate a drop down with a combination of static and dynamic values?

• 6 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I would like the drop down to have a static value as the first choice and then populate the rest of the drop down dynamically from a smart object. 

Ex. first entry is Other Check Number followed by all Check Numbers associated with a specific sub-account

icon

Best answer by khanh1 6 September 2018, 21:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

It sounds like you will need setup to a cascading-dropdown scenario to accomplish this.

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-Appit-Articles/How-to-create-a-cascading-drop-down-list-in-SmartForms/ta-p/70090

Badge +1

Thanks for the link but it does not address my problem. I want to make the first value in the dropdown always to be 'Other Check Number'. This will be followed by all the check numbers return from a Smart Object. 

I dont think there is a way to do that except by making 'Other Check Number' always  the first record returned from the Smart Object.

Badge +6

Hi,

I think that your solution making 'Other Check Number' always the first record returned is a viable solution. You could potentially add a sort number column to your Check Number table and tell the drop down to sort on this property.

Have you considered adding a check box control near the dropdown titled 'Other Check Number'? This check box could disable the drop down and save a true value to database in a property of it's own.

Hope this helps!

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudos' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Hi CJack,

When you use the Advance SmartObject and select Active Directory Service and locate AD User and select GetUser and drag it to the method property. Double click on GetUser and change the Type to List, click next and finish.

1. You can change the message by selecting the Autocomplete control on its property.  Click on the Type and select the eslipses and select the SmartObject which will populate (SmartObject, Method and Value). In the invalidation area select eslipses and select "Character Only". In the Message area you can input the error message you want to display.

2.You can use Use a static list of values in the control which will allow you to configure Value-Display items for the control or you can use SmartObject as data source.

3. When the user input data, data will be populated as show in the image below:

Kind Regards

Luyanda

[K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member]