error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server

• 27 June 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

we recently created new encrypted column in sql datatable

refreshed the sql instance

and smartobject can read data but when we start the workflow, it generates error as

Message: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server); ServiceName: RMService; ServiceGuid: 283e988c-2cfd-43f5-b1*personal details removed*a9877e986a; InnerExceptionMessage: ;

2 replies

Badge +9

Hi PS_K2,

Try reconfiguring that SmartObject Event again in the workflow. Some time k2 will wont update their SMO References.

If it still doesn;t work, remove the activity and recreate the whole activity.

Try this and let me know if it works

Regards,

Vijay.

Badge +4

Can you tell me which service account are you using to connect SQL?

This should be cause if you are trying to impersonate a user at service instance level.

Check 1) when you created Service Instance you might see the seeting that what account it should use. If you selected impersonate then your K2 service account might not have access to that DB and it fails at workflow engine. If you execute from smartobject K2 impersonate your ID so that it execute at tester utility. Check your service instance.

Check 2) look into the Workflow itself. There is oprion to that say a perticular event can be run under specific account. If you have that make sure that event do have permission in DB.

I hope you resolve the issue an above detail will help you to resolve it.