Creating Duplicate Worklist Items

• 5 March 2010
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

When I am strating workflow , it is creating duplicate worklist items.

In the workflow I have given one destination user and allocated 1 slot. But still the worklist items are creating one with High priority and other with low priority.

Could anyone please help me how to avoid creating duplicate worklist items. 

4 replies

Badge +5

Hi Jyothi,

It sounds like there are parallel activities active at that point. Can you please send a screenshot of the items you are seeing in the worklist. Also can you send a screenshot of the Viewflow for the instance.

How are you starting this workflow?

Regards,

Gert

Badge +1

Hi Gert,

Thank you very much for responded to my forum.

I have changed the way of workflows starting as a part of ADAM Changes. Now the workflows are starting from code.  Please find an attached screenshot which has Correct and Wrong Task List.

Issue is  I have two forms 1)Non-CC and 2) PMC. Both forms are calling same workflow which is NonCCPMCommunicationWorkflow.

The workflow is working fine for Non-CC Form. It is creating one task list only. But When I am trying to start workflow from PMC Form it is creating two Task Lists .

Starting Workflow from Non-CC Form: Which is working Fine

using (WorkflowClient workflowClient = new WorkflowClient())

{

Dictionary<string, object> nonCCDataFields = new Dictionary<string, object>();

nonCCDataFields.Add("CCNumber", lblCCId.Text);

nonCCDataFields.Add("ReviewingPM", txtReviewerPM.Text);

nonCCDataFields.Add("UserType", Utility.CurrentUserType);

workflowClient.StartProcessInstance(Utility.IsADAMUser(), Utility.GetK2UserIdentity(), Utility.WorkflowServerConnectionString, Utility.NonContractorPMCommunicationProcessName, lblCCId.Text, nonCCDataFields, new Dictionary<string, object>());

}

Starting Workflow from PMC:  This is creating two task lists

using (WorkflowClient workflowClient = new WorkflowClient())

{

Dictionary<string, object> pmcDataFields = new Dictionary<string, object>();

pmcDataFields.Add("PMCNumber", lblPMCId.Text);

pmcDataFields.Add("ContractorPMName", ddlContractorPM.SelectedItem.Text);

pmcDataFields.Add("UserType", Utility.CurrentUserType);

pmcDataFields.Add("ContractorEmail", txtContractorPMEmail.Text);

workflowClient.StartProcessInstance(Utility.IsADAMUser(), Utility.GetK2UserIdentity(), Utility.WorkflowServerConnectionString, Utility.NonContractorPMCommunicationProcessName, lblPMCId.Text, pmcDataFields, new Dictionary<string, object>());

}

Regards,

Jyothi

Badge +1

Hi Gert,

Please  check ny previous response which has all information. I forgot to attach View Flow in my previous response. Please find an attached latest screenshots.

Regards,

Jyothi

Badge +1

Hi Gert,

I have found solution for this issue myself. Thank you very mich.

Regards,

Jyothi