Workspace - Delegate functionality restrict access

• 22 August 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi All,

K2 workspace offers an option for a request to be delgated to someboday else. It is present under Managemetn Console -> Worklists.
When i looked at my environment, a user had to added as Admin in Workspace before he/she is able to use the Delegate functionality.

But if we add user as admin, it exploses them to many other functionalities which we do not want them to have access to.

So my question is - is there any way using which we can restrict users so that they only have access to Delegate functionality and nothing else? 

Also, will they be able to delegate requests which are assigned to that particualr user only? (They should bot be able to delegate requests which are not assigned to them).

Please let me know if my question does not make sense. 

Thanks,

Rohini 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

I believe a user who owns a worklist item can delegate that item without any Server Admin rights.  This option should usually be available on the Home Page of K2 workspace:

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/current/webframe.html#Reference_-_K2_Workspace_Home_Page.html

By Hovering toward the end of the folio column for the small black arrow drop-down.

I believe this option is also available if the Worklist AppPart is used in Sharepoint or if the Smartforms Worklist Control is used.

Badge +10

Rohini,

Were you able to find a solution for this?

THanks

Badge +10

Tin,

A user can delegate his/her own worklist items to someone else. No issues there. However, how to handle below use case?

A solution adminstrator has to be able to delegate worklist items for that solution to other users. We don't want to give solution adminstrator, admin access in Workspace as it will expose so many features within the workspace. Use this scenario, there is a solution called "Travel Expenses" that has a designated solution administrator. This adminstrator is only responsible for Travel Expenses solution. There are times, when approvers have worklist items and they go on vacation or get terminated. How Travel Expenses adminstrator can assign those open worklist items to another approvers? Keep in mind, we are giving Travel Expenses Admin the admin rights in Workspace.

Thanks,