Error - Infopath Web Browser and Sharepoint Service Object Method

• 4 March 2009
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello;

My work scenario is

1. I created infopath form that integrate with sharepoint service object. In the form, I have attach field and buttons that has the rule behind for calling the sharepoitnt service methods (create and get lists method) for uploading file to sharepoint library.
(I did follow this forum -- http://www.k2underground.com/forums/thread/28652.aspx )

2. I publish the form to sharepoint form library, and I set the "open browser-enable" feature of the form library as below

- If I set to "Open in the client application ", I was able to upload and get list the files without no error.
- In the other hand, if I set to "Display as a Web page ", I got an error when I click the upload button -- 'An error occurred accessing a data source'.

3. I bind my form to the k2 process and publish the form to form library by using Infopath Integration Wizard.

- I was not getting error anymore even I chose "Web Browser". Everything is working fine for both Infopath Client and Web Browser modes.
- When my colleague try to do the same thing as I did but he got an error-- 'An error occurred accessing a data source'.
- He doesn't have infopath client on his machine. He has a full control to the site and also has a right to start the process.

4. I seach an issue in K2 underground, I followed this forum(http://www.k2underground.com/forums/thread/21566.aspx) to fix an error but it didn't work for me.

Does anyone have ideas how to make infopath web browser work with sharepoint service methods? Because all of my user don't have infopath client in their machine.

Thank you for every advices. =)

3 replies

Badge +6

Hi Nikki,

In order to get this working you need to find out why the form is failing to load when opening in browser.

If users do not have InfoPath client installed you will have to look in the SharePoint logfile for the errors. The default location for the logs is "C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft Sharedweb server extensions12LOGS" on the MOSS front-end server(s).

Alternatively let the user log onto your machine and open the form in InfoPath client.

Badge +2

Conradk2;

Thank you for your help. =)

When user log onto my machine (has infopath client), he has no problem. I mean no error for both infopath client and web browser. 

So I assume that form will has problem when open form on the machine that doesn't have infopath. 

I also checked a K2 Data Connection in root site, I found the Excecute Smart Object Method.udcx is already there.

Do you have any ideas?

Badge +2

All are fixed. =)

I gave a permission of K2 data connection library to that person. Then he is be able to call smart object method to upload document.