Worklist control - remove Open form ???

• 17 November 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

Just been playing around with Redirection of forms.

Got the Worklist control on a view. It shows the current items in the list, but when you click on the arrow (on the right side on the page), it shows "Open Form" in the menu.

If an Authoriser clicks "Open Form", it goes to the URL and opens the form, but the problem is it's opening the form and the Authorisers details in the form, rather that the original senders...

I have initialize rules with populate various text boxes such as name, email, dept etc etc, but this was done to make it easier for the Users. However when the Authoriser opens the form via the worklist, it's take their credentials and doing the same.

Can anyone advise for to do the following?

1) When the Authorisers opens the form via the worklist, just use the original senders details in the form

2) Remove the Open form option from the Worklist control altogether?

Thanks,

2 replies

Badge +10

From your description the problem isn't having the Open Form link since that's important to have on a user's worklist otherwise they can't complete their task by opening the form and taking an action.  The issue is that the rule to populate the user’s data into the form is running both on submission as well as during the workflow tasks.  There are multiple approaches that could be used to resolve this issue.  Normally at submission I'll save the workflowID into the smartobject the form is saving its contents into.  I'll then add an if condition to the populate user submission data rule so that, on form initialization, it will only populate the submitters name if the workflowID is empty.  This will then prevent that information from being updated after the form has been submitted and is being opened by the user tasks.

Other possible approaches:  

• If the SerialNumber user parameter is blank then run the rule
  • Have 2 forms.  One for submission and another one for a task form (do a "Save As" on the submission form).  In the task form disable or delete the rule that populates the submission user details.
  • Use States.  In the workflow state disable the rule that populates the submission user details.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

thanks tim,

i'll have a look at that thanks, or perhaps stick with offline approvals instead which sends the email and pdf of the request when redirected as it is now