Worklist Task release !!!!!!!!!!!

Badge +5

I have a scenario. Task are generated and a notification email is sent to IT Support (Role). The 1st person in IT who click the worklist link in the email will open the task. Well.. he/she thinks that that is not related to him/her. She closes the window. Now that worklist task is not available to others. That 1st IT personnel have to go and release task. Is there a way we can get rid of this process so that everybody can see worklist task until the task is completed.

Please Help!!

4 replies

Badge +5

Hi Pcorearusa,

You should be able to solve this by unchecking the box for "Allocate worklist item on Open" in your User Task in your workflow:

Once that is done you can redeploy the workflow and the issue should be resolved.  Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Badge +5

i wish i can give you 100 Kudos

Badge +3

Hi,

and where is the option in the K2-Studio Designer?

In a Default Client Event theris not option to do this ...?

Andi

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

1.   Which form technology are you using with the Default Client Event?

a.  If SmartForms, you will likely be calling the "open a worklist item" rule in which this allocate option is available to be configured:

b.  If a custom form (HTML, ASP, etc.), you will likely be calling the 'openworklistitem()' method via a webservice or API, in which it will also accept this "Alloc" boolean:

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/DevRef/4.7/default.htm#../Subsystems/Runtime/Content/topic12480.html?Highlight=openworklistitem

public WorklistItem OpenWorklistItem( 
string SerialNumber,
string Platform,
bool Alloc,
bool IgnoreStatus,
string ManagedUser,
string SharedUser
)