Workflow giving an error input string was not in correct format.

• 21 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +7

Hi All,

Workflow suddently giving error like input string was not correct format. Last week it is working fine but suddenly it is not working at specific stage.

I deployed WF from higher environment to lower but it is not working.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi,

Could you provide more details on which event do you encounter the error? This usually arises when you pass a value that is of a different data type than what the field is expecting. In that case, you will need to verify the data that is passed in to the event. 

Badge +7

I am passing  values to smartobject to return some values from SQL table. I checked datatype of all parameters and they are same.

Is it possible to do some debugging on workflow or popup message implementaion in workflow to give me more details about error?

Good day 

@BB33

I recently encountered the same error on my workflow and what I did, I changed the datatypes of my MySQL server to type "VARCHAR 50" and left only my primary_id data type to int and my date variables to remain in the date datatype but where calculated values where in decimal,number or any other numeric type.

Please feel free to ask any further questions if you would like more clarity.

Should you find the above information answered your question, relevant and/or leading you to the answer please Mark as "Accepted Solution and/or Answer", as this will assist other K2 upcoming developers in the near future.

Best regards;

Dumisani

[K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member]