K2.net Security issue

• 25 April 2007
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
hi
well we have different development departments.problem is we have one account k2admin which is used to start k2server services.now if developers from department A and department B register k2server using k2 service manager using the above account and export their process then developer from department B can modify process of Department A i need some type of securty here so that developer from department B can not modify the process of department A.

regards

3 replies

Badge +6
The current version of K2.net does not include this functionality as far as I know.

However, it is not possible to modify the process itself via the K2Service Manager. It is only possible to delete instances, set rights, call goto, stop & start etc.

If this is critical a second K2Server for your other development department might be an option.

HTH
Conrad
Badge +1
thanks Conradk2 for the replay
yea i am also talking about setting user rights and deleting instances etc as it is very critical if by mistake developer delete the process of other department then whole system will be crashed

so we have to wait for the new version with server services user rights managements as we currently have user rights management on process level ?
Badge +13
Each process has its own security set up for process admin.

You probably should restrict the WF Admin to a 3rd party so that Dept A and B will give the files to the 3rd party to perform the Export.