Web based workflow - Line rule to evaluate time for current date

• 31 January 2019
  • 0 replies

Badge +8

Hi there.  It's been a while since I've posted.  I think I have Blackpearl mostly figured out...so now I guess it's time to upgrade.

But until then.

We're trying to use the web based workflow designer to evaluate whether or not an item was loaded to the database and alert us if nothing was loaded, but ONLY during regular business hours.  So, one step of the workflow is to check to see if it's between 7am and 5pm PST.

So, the way I'm doing this is I'm wanting to bounce the inline functino "Now" against  two data fields called "BusinessDayStart" and "BusinessDayEnd".  I want it to then compare the current time against those values and if it fits in the window, continue the workflow and if it is outside the window, end the workflow.  

From what I can tell there is no way to populate my two data fields BusinessDayStart and BusinessDayEnd with the values of today's date and a specific time...you can either put in a specific time and a static date, or just have current date/time.  What I want is, for example, the BusinessDayStart data field to be 1-31/20*personal details removed*am PSTtoday and 2-1-20*personal details removed*am PST tomorrow, and 2-2-20*personal details removed*am PST the day after tomorrow...

Any way to do that?  

I know I can accomplish this via stored procedure, but I'm trying to train someone on my team who doesn't have the database permissions to create stored procedures how to accomplish this via workflow.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!