Warning Message "A nested transaction was not committed"

• 8 October 2018
  • 2 replies

Hello K2 Commnity

For my own learning, I implemented a small K2 solution that cosists of reading/writing to a SQL database with a couple of list/item views and a smartform. At the moment, I can read/write information to my database; however, I am getting the following warning (popup) message:

"A nested transaction was not committed".

The core functionality of the forms match exactly with the intended design but this message is annoying. I don't know what it really means, nor I am getting any information about the problematic forms/views.

Please advise what this message means to my flows, and how can I debug such an issue.

Thank you all,

Eddy.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Eddy - are any of your save rules running concurrently? Sometimes this message means you are trying to save two different records at the same time... are you dealing with multiple SmartObjects or database tables that you save to?

Badge +8

Hi Eddy2,

1) Can you show us a screenshot of the error?

2) Are you executing an Update method?

2a) If you are, are you only entering the Primary Key or Required property? If you are following this process, this is a known issue within K2, and a feature request has been created to handle the situation in a more efficient way. As a workaround, an isnull value must be passed so the error message doesn't show. 

3) If that is not what you are doing:

To debug further, please enable SmartObject logging as per the "Enable SmartObject Server logging" section of the documentation below, replicate the issue, and attach the logs usually located at "C:Program Files(x86)K2 blackpearlServiceBrokerlogs": https://help.k2.com/kb000298

Should you feel that this post provided useful information andor an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such by using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.