Update list item not working in Workflow only after the user task. - K2 for sharepoint

• 15 February 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have a workflow with the functionality of updating the status as "Submitted" and after that I'm placing a user task for the approval process. Once the approval process is complete again I'm updating the status to "Approved" or "Rejected" based on the action selected by the user. In this process, when I'm attempting to add an item, the very first step is processed (ie., status to "Submitted") and flows to the user task. The recipient mentioned in the user task is being notified as the next step. User performs the action of either approving or rejecting. After this the workflow stops. Status to Approved/Rejected is not being updated but the Message Successfully submitted which is configured in the user task is displayed. Do I need to configure any details for this update? Please add your suggestions.

1 reply

Badge +5

Hello Techie-Jo.

It would be easier if we had potographical representation of your explanation like a screenshot, but I can suggest that you try to configure Rejected/Approved status on your work flow using the same configuration that you did on the Submitted Status part. Label everything in correspondence to the Workflow state you are configuring. Try that and let’s see if it resolves the problem.