Unable to see "K2 Workflow" option in item context menu for SharePoint item

• 23 October 2017
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

I am unable to see "K2 Workflow" option in item context menu for sharepoint list item. It was available till the time I re- configure the K2 for SharePoint.

See attached screenshot for more detail.

Also, One more problem I am facing with K2 for SharePoint. The smartforms created on SharePoint list using the view created on SharePoint list Smartobject are setting the default value for Dropdown field and Check Box field.

In the backend (SharePoint list) the fields are not set to have any default value, still in the form on form load some of the Dropdown and Checkbox have deafult value.

If anyone faced this issue earlier and any resolution found please let me know.

Thanks,

Prafull

16234i9DDF6D91F7D59A95.jpg

3 replies

Badge +15

Hi,

Try the following to get the K2 workflow context menu back:

1. Remove K2 for SharePoint app from site content of App Catalog

2. Remove the app file from Apps for SharePoint library in App Catalog

3. Run AppDeployment.exe again

4. Add the app back to site content of App Catalog

5. Run Registration Wizard again

6. Run App Deployment from app in App Catalog

Edit: This is for K2 4.7. If you are on any version before 4.7, try running Registration Wizard again, and check if the menu appears. If not, go to App Catalog, remove the app from Apps for SharePoint library, run AppDeployment.exe again to deploy the apps, then run the Registration Wizard.

As for the default values in your dropdown, you have to go edit the form or view yourself, select that control, under the control's properties, there should be an option for you to set the default value. If you do not want a default value, just remove it.

We already triyed the steps you mention, but no luck.

"As for the default values in your dropdown, you have to go edit the form or view yourself, select that control, under the control's properties, there should be an option for you to set the default value. If you do not want a default value, just remove it."

I have removed the default value setting for the control in the form, still its holding default value. I dont have setup default value in form as well as in list settings.

Thanks,

Prafull

Badge +15

Hi,

That's the step I took when I faced the same problem with my SharePoint context menu. If that does not work, I will recommend you log a ticket with K2 Support to look into this. 

As for your default value problem, did you check if you have any rules that map any sort of value to that drop down list control?