Task Flow

• 2 April 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Good afternoon,

I have a requirement to trace every user a task has been assigned to. This means if a single task is assigned to one user (User X), and then they assign the task to a new user (User Y), we need to be able to locate that information somewhere in the database. I need to be able to determine the amount of time the task was assigned to User X and then how long it was assigned to User Y before they completed the task. Currently, I am able to locate the task being assigned to User Y and the amount of time they took. That being said, I cannot find the data associated with User X anywhere in the database. Where can a look to get the assignment history of one task? Your help is appreciated! I am using K2 4.7.

Justin

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi js2,

You may use the K2 out-of-the-box reporting smartobject 'Activity Instance Audit' (SmartObject service tester > All SmartObjects)  to view the history of all Task redirection or delegation. 

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Badge +3

Thank you for your response. The Activity Instance Audit does not provide the complete picture. There is no way to learn who the task was delegated to without parsing the ‘Audit Description’ field. Additionally, it does not show any detail, if the task is not delegated.

I am looking to find the entire task history.

For example, for a given process:

• Task was delegated
    • Original User
    • New User
      • Without parsing an audit field
    • Date & Time of delegation
  • Task was not delegated
    • Which AD account was it assigned to
    • When was the task assigned
    • When was the task completed
Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Maybe, this SQL query can help you figure out if the current task was originally assinged to a user or of it was later re-directed/delagated to other user.

Use K2

SELECT DISTINCT
TOP (1000) Server.ActionActInstRights.ProcInstID, Server.ActionActInstRights.ActID, Server.ActionActInstRights.ActInstID AS Expr2,
Server.ActionActInstRights.ActInstDestID, Server.ActionActInstRights.ActionerID, Server.ActionActInstRights.[Execute], Server.ActionActInstRights.StartDate,
Server.ActionActInstRights.OriginatorID, Server.Actioner.ActionerName, Server.Actioner.Status, Server.Actioner.ActionerType
FROM Server.ActionActInstRights INNER JOIN
Server.Actioner ON Server.ActionActInstRights.ActionerID = Server.Actioner.ID
WHERE (Server.ActionActInstRights.ProcInstID = ???) ---replace ??? with Process instance ID, this can be obtain from server.procinst table

Badge +3

Thank you, Khanh.

The ActionActInstRights table does not appear to hold all of the completed ProcInstIDs. Where can we look to see all of the completed/active tasks in the system?

Why doesn’t K2 hold the Active Directory IDs if the task is not delegated to another user? For example, I assigned a task to User X and then User X completed their task. The table does not show who the task was assigned to. Rather, it show the service account associated with our K2 server.