System.Exception: Invalid archive type error on RedirectWorklistItem

• 6 September 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi All,

I'm running BlackPearl with a background code to redirect worklist item to another user, and i get this error on my system:

System.Exception: Invalid archive type
at SourceCode.Workflow.Management.WorkflowManagementServer.RedirectWorklistItem(String fromUserName, String toUserName, Int32 procInstID, Int32 actInstDestID, Int32 worklistItemID)

I have already copy a SourceCode.Workflow.Management.dll into the project folder from C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlBin folder.

4 replies

Badge +8

Hello Yap,

What version of K2 are you running as well as fp etc?

Thanks!

Regards,

Matt

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi  @yap ,

Did you update your project references to use the 64-bit assemblies in the K2 BlackpearlBin folder and rebuild the project just to be safe? 

Cheers,

Kimberly 

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Badge +9

Hi Yap

Most of the time an "Invalid Archive Type" error is thrown when the DLL version of your SourceCode.Workflow.Client DLL is different from the version of K2 that is installed on your server. Ensure that you always copy the SourceCode.Workflow.Client DLL to your custom application and that you re-reference and rebuild your application with the latest DLL.

See the link below:

https://community.k2.com/t5/K2-Blackpearl-Forum-Posts/Error-Invalid-Archive-Type/td-p/93476

https://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl-Articles/Error-connecting-to-WorkflowManagementServer/ta-p/88836

Regards

Elvis

Badge +9

Hi yap,

You mention that you have copied the SourceCode.Workflow.Management assembly from the server to the project, but can you perhaps also remove the reference from the project and re-add it reference that you just copied.

To be safe i would also do the same for the HostClientAPI assembly.

-Jean