Step by Step on Moving from K2 v4.7 to K2 v4.7 on a new server with new HOSTNAME?

• 6 September 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

Just about to tackle a move up in Operating system, so i'm setting up a new K2 v4.7 server and will also have a new HOSTNAME.

Is there any things to be aware off when backing up the current version and restoring to the new v4.7 server i should be aware off, especially when the new server will have a different Hostname?

i'm thinking of:

1) backing up K2 DB on old server (windows server 2012)

2) installing OS Windows 2016 on new server

3) Installing SQL (same version as other server)

4) Restoring K2 DB to new server (different drive)

5) Install K2 v4.7

6) Install k2 patches, CUs etc.

Is this the correct order?

What will happen to any Task URLs etc which i've used in workflows etc? Will they all need to be redone?

Any other advice, will workflows be affected?

Any other things to ensure it goes smoothly?

Thanks

5 replies

Hi Sharpharp1,

Please look at this KB: https://help.k2.com/kb001356

Thanks

Kind Regards

Luyanda

NOTE: K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16
Hi,
Thanks, i've seen that, was just wondering if there was something a bit more indepth, which takes into account the name change of server and things like web.config changes etc.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

One very important thing to note is if you have active process instances during the move and whether they are IPCs or not... I've found that the URL to the source or destination of the IPC tends to retain the old server name, which causes problems. If that is your scenario, let me know and I can point you to the appropriate tables to look at

Userlevel 3
Badge +16
I may have a couple of IPC type processes, so if you can post up some info, would be appreciated

Thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

K2 may have a better idea here, as I know they don't like us to poke around in the K2 database but I found that I had to run the following:

DELETE FROM [hostserver].[server] WHERE HostName = '{oldservername}'
  DELETE FROM [server].[server] where name = '{oldservername}'
  UPDATE [Server].[ipc] SET DstServer = '{newservername}', DstConStr = 'Integrated=True;IsPrimaryLogin=True;Authenticate=True;EncryptedPassword=False;Host={newservername};Port=5252'
  UPDATE [Server].[IPCReturn] SET SrcServer = '{newservername}'
  UPDATE [ServerLog].[ipc] SET DstServer = '{newservername}'
  UPDATE Server.worklistheader SET data = 'http://{newservername}/{form URL}' + SUBSTRING(data, 26, len(data))