Adding Reference to Custom Library in BlackPearl Visual Studio

• 6 November 2007
  • 3 replies

Badge +8

In K2 2003 this was a pretty easy thing to do.

Now, I am working with BlackPearl, I created a process projeect and then I created a custom class project.  Went into solution explorer, and clicked on Show Extended Projects on the BlackPearl Project.  I then added a reference to the custom library and every thing compiles fine.  I as well right clicked on the project, selected project dependencies and checked the the custom class project.

I deploy with no problems but when I try to run the process I get an error that the assembly could not be loaded.

I went to C:Program FilesK2 blackpearlHost ServerBinWorkProcXX and the dll for the custom library is not there.  I tried to add it manually and then repair the process instance and that did not work either.

What is the correct way to reference external libraries...

3 replies

Badge +8

Well I found out that I had to manually add the custom library to the GAC on the K2 server.  Apparently this is not apart of the deployment process.

Anyone have a reason why this is a requirement now?  It was not for K2 2003.  Is it intentional, by design or to be done later why the DLL must be deployed seperately even though it is properly referenced in the Process Project?

Thanks,
Jason

Badge +5

Hello,

I managed to do this. Please see the bottom of the thread http://k2underground.com/forums/thread/19467.aspx for more details.

Nicolas

Badge +8

Nice.

I would still like to see this configurable through the project properties but that is just me....