Work On the Same Worklist

• 12 April 2007
  • 4 replies

Badge +3
Does K2 allows more than 1 user to work on the same worklist?

My workflow requires a backup user to be able to work on behalf of the user who is out of office. I know that if I just add a new destination for the backup user, K2 assigns a worklist item with unique serial no. To complicate things, I do not know beforehand, how many approvers there are. That is to say, setting the line rule to 'at least 1 slot = true' will not work since I can't determine the number of client events at design time; I have to place all these users in a single client event.

4 replies

Badge +10
Hi,

Have you had a look at the K2.net Out Of Office component?
With this component the user that is out of the office will be able to redirect all his/her worklist items to the user that will take over the work.

This component is available from the K2.net Customer and Partner Portal as a separate download (http://portal.k2workflow.com).

Hope this helps.

JohanL
Badge +3
the problem is the user has no internet access to the intranet to perform the redirect.
Badge +10
Please help me understand:
You have some work sitting on someone's worklist which cannot access the Intranet to redirect it to another user?

If this is the case you can also use the redirect option from K2.net Service Manager to redirect the work to the backup user.
Alternatively you can use K2Mng inside a custom app to do the redirect.

I hope I understood correctly.

JohanL
Badge +3
Hi, thanks for the reply. Here's the scenario:

User A raise a request and submit to User K for 1st level approval (User K is not the manager of user A but some sort of controller for this process).

If approved, user K selects 1 or more approvers to contiue the route. Say, user K selects user X, Y and Z as approvers.

User X and Y approves but user Z is out of office - no access to internet. User K wants to either remove or replace user Z so that the process can move on.

Contraints:
User K is not manager of any of the parties above.
We do not wish to grant admin rights to user K since user is not K2 certified and is not from an IT background.

In the current system we are using now, user K can as and when change the approvers. I was thinking if the same can be done with K2 while not violating the contraints above.