Sharpharp1
Apprentice

Smartobject ID jumped from 491 to 10491

Hi all,

Something weird has happened to a form of mine.

I have a form that emails a Team with the ID of a requested form, which they use to keep track of how many users have ever used that form.

It's been fine for the last 2 months and they were up to 491, however today they said the ID jumped to 10491 and all subsequent requests are being reported as 10492, 10493 etc...

I've had a look at the smartobjects and noticed the same, last few records show 491, then next line says 10491

I deleted the records begining 10491 etc, and tried to submit a form myself, but instead of continuing from ID 492, its saying 10497....

Where is this count kept and how do i fix it? and most importantly, how has this happened?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Timkn
Scout

Re: Smartobject ID jumped from 491 to 10491

From your description it sounds like a SQL 'feature' that occurs after SQL has been restarted.

Here is an explanation and possible solutions:

http://www.codeproject.com/Tips/668042/SQL-Server-2012-Auto-Identity-Column-Value-Jump-Is

Sharpharp1
Apprentice

Re: Smartobject ID jumped from 491 to 10491

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your link.

I also contacted K2 support who provided a fix.

For anyone else having this issue, you can set the counter to whichever number you want using the following SQL:

DBCC CHECKIDENT (yourtable, reseed, <record>)

Before you do this, rename the 10000 IDs so that they follow the correct sequence.

Then run the above SQL and choose the next record number.

Merry Xmas all K2ers

0 Kudos