SmartObjects - Services Tester : "ServiceInstance name already exists"

• 14 June 2017
  • 1 reply

Good evening,

I've been testing how to deploy/test a custom service broker.  While still fumbling around a bit, I seem to have the basics down.  I am confused about 1 thing at this time.  I admit I am ignorant about how the data is stored - my assumption is that it is in a SQL DB since I don't see any registry entries.  When I try to create a Service Instance from the Service Type I just created, I get an error stating that "ServiceInstance name already exists".

I am pretty sure I went about adding and deleting types/instances via this UI a few times with no issues and now this is cropping up.  I'd like to inform the DB owner about my issue and direct him where to look and how to clean up my mess.  Is there a particular table where these values are stored, my assumption is that he can just go in there and delete a row or two.  I don't have direct access to their DB's.

1 reply

Badge +15

Hi,

Service instances should have a unique System Name, so you are getting this error because you are trying to create a new service instance with a System Name that is the same as another existing service instance.

Service instance definition is stored in the K2 database, but I don't recommend messing around with that database. Do you have access to SmartObjects Service Tester? You can use that to search for any existing service instance that has the conflicting name and remove it. There should be a button that allows you to view the XML definition of the service instance.

If you already have SmartObjects using the service instance, then I will recommend you try using another name for your new service instance.