SmartObject Error 10702 Object reference not set to an instance of an object

• 1 March 2018
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I'm facing an issue when trying to execute a web service smartobject call from tester utility.

when i execute the smartobject, sometimes it gives me the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" and a minute later i execute it and it retunr it execuetes normally without errors.

I cheked the host server logs and i found this:

"150540358","20*personal details removed*:00:44","Error","SmartObjects","10702","Error","SourceCode.SmartObjects.ServiceBroker [ExecuteSmartObject]","10702 An error occurred in the BusinessWebService Service Instance. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.","anonymous","0.0.0.0","AAA:D:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin","150540358","9a8fc6146582b6455b9ca",""

Thanks.

3 replies

Badge +15

Hi,

Are you still getting this error if you try executing your SmartObject again? Does it happen every time you execute your SmartObject, or does it happen randomly?

Also try enabling SmartObject logging, and once the error appear, check the SmartObject logs if there are any errors  being returned in there at the same time you received the error.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

When i execute the smatobject again it doesn't happen, totally random.

Thanks.

Badge +15

Hi,

If this is a random issue, I will recommend you enable SmartObject logging, and keep it enabled for a while, at least until you get this issue again. The Object reference error can happen when certain configuration, settings, or references are missing. If this is occurring randomly, then it is likely your web service is return something that K2 is unable to parse. The SmartObject logs may provide some clue on that.

But please note that enabling SmartObject logs can cause performance issues, so I do not recommend you keeping it enabled for long.