SmartForm Client Event not working - Action not found

Badge +1

Hello,

I want to get approval from clients and I have a setup destination rule. Activity should outcome should be "Approved" only if all the clients approve, if anyone rejects the request outcome shoulbd "rejected".

Email notifications are being sent to the all users but when lick on the Workitemlist link. I get "Action Not Found" error. Below is the stake trace.

Action not found

• Type:
    ClientException
  • Source:
    SourceCode.Workflow.Client
  • Method Base
    • Member Type:
      Method
    • Name:
      get_Item
    • Module
      • Scope Name:
        SourceCode.Workflow.Client.dll
    • Declaring Type
      • Full Name:
        SourceCode.Workflow.Client.Actions
  • Stack Trace:
    at SourceCode.Workflow.Client.Actions.get_Item(String value)at SourceCode.Forms.AppFramework.FormRuntime.ActionProcess(String processXml, String sharedUser, String managedUser, Boolean offline)at SourceCode.Forms.AppFramework.FormRuntime.HandleWorkflowMethods(XmlNode brokerNode, XmlNode workflowNode)at SourceCode.Forms.AppFramework.FormRuntime.WorkXmlToApi(String xml)at SourceCode.Forms.Runtime.AJAXCall.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

I have attached all the screenshots. Let me know if you can help.

Thank you,

Kishan Kotadiya

11816i5955718B4A5C97FC.png

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi Kishan,

The 'Action Not Found' error usually occurs when an 'Action a Worklist Item' rule on a form has an invalid or null value for its 'Action' field. This commonly occurs when customizing the 'Action Settings' on a User Task and leaving the 'Action a Worklist Item' rule in the 'When the Form is Initializing' event.

Also, please ensure that there are no redundant action rules in a view on this form nor on the form itself.
This issue can also be caused due to wrong control being chosen to populate the actions.

Hope that helps.

Badge +1

Hi Mustafa,

I have validated the form rules but it seems to be correct as I have other froms set up exactly the same way which are working. Thank you for the time.

Thank you,

Kishan