Solved

SharePoint Columns - Managed Meta Data and People Picker will not work?

• 20 August 2018
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I am using a SP List smartobject (created from the list itself) and when inserting the fields into a View of a smartform, they don't all seem to work.

1) A SP Choice Column imports as expected and retains the SP List column drop down values

2) A People Picker column seems to import itself as a basic text column and does not interact with active directory, just converts to a text input field

3) A managed meta data column in SP imports itself as a drop down field but just whirs and doesn't dop anything?

Do you have to manually set up the latter two again or should smartform columns know what they are and configure them for me? If the latter then maybe it's something wrong with our deployment (or something I'm doing!)

Thanks, Julie

icon

Best answer by EmilyK 30 August 2018, 01:25

View original

6 replies

Good  day

I have looked into some links that could help solve the issue, please see the provided links;

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member

Kind regards

Thabang

Thanks for the links, none of these seem to apply, my issue seems to be two fold:

1) If i create a brand new view and select these from the .Create Labels and Controls' option the result is:
     a) The Meta Data column transfers correctly and is attached to the 'GetAllChildTermsInTermSet' smartobject. It doesn't work, but it is at least transferring it as expected (I can look at that as a seperate issue)

b) The people picker column just transfers to the view a a basic text colum, it loses the 'people picker' configuration

2) If I create a view using 'basic table layout only' and import the columns manually, then both the meta data column and also the people picker column just transfer as basic text columns.

Is this a bug of Version 5?  From your answers I am guessing that it definatekly should recognise a SharePoint column as a people picker and select from active directory so don;t understand why it isn't, I would'nt want to have to set up each and every one up

@JulieBird wrote:

Hi,

I am using a SP List smartobject (created from the list itself) and when inserting the fields into a View of a smartform, they don't all seem to work.

1) A SP Choice Column imports as expected and retains the SP List column drop down values

2) A People Picker column seems to import itself as a basic text column and does not interact with active directory, just converts to a text input field

3) A managed meta data column in SP imports itself as a drop down field but just whirs and doesn't dop anything?

Do you have to manually set up the latter two again or should smartform columns know what they are and configure them for me? If the latter then maybe it's something wrong with our deployment (or something I'm doing!)

Thanks, Julie

manually (not sure how to anyway lol).

Can anyone advise?

In the pic example, both the Station and Group Manager fields are people pickers in the associated SP List, but now just text fields?

Hi,

I replyed to this yesterday because the links provided didn't solve my issue and were unrelated so I posted a more detailed explanation of what was occuring along with a screen shot but the post went into moderation and hasn't yet been published.

Could you have a look at it for me and hopefully publish it to save me typing it all out again lol  Thanks, Julie

Hi JulieBird

Please click on the link on how to:Picker control to populate a list view perhaps this might point you to the right direction.

Kind Regards

Luyanda

Please Note: K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Badge +10
Hi Juliebird,

Did you generate the forms and views, or are you creating them manually?

Regarding the managed metadata column, this will likely need to be configured manually. Please see this community post: http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-Blackpearl-Forum-Posts/Using-managed-metadata-columns-in-list-and-form/m-p/91410#M29186

Hi Emily,

The link you provided above is exactly what I needed to show all steps needed, thanks! ... this hadn't come up in my search on google or pon here so would never have seen it.  I had virtually got there myself but I think I'd messed with it so much I'd got several rules attached to it which were conflicting so I re-did it exactly as per the screenshots attached on the link and it now it works as expecyed the meta terms :-)

It isn't showing them all correctly but I am guessting this is a smartobject issue and regretfully I don't have server access to use the smartobject tester 😞  but I'll redress this seperately, at least I now know I have the config correct ... Ye ha!

For other SP newbies, you will notice on the linked example that you need to input the TermSet  and Term ID Number on the rule configuration page.

To find  this on SP 2013/6 you open the term store managerment tool and when you select the Terms Store Name or the Termset Name, a 'unique reference' number will appear on the settings page at the bottom. This is the value you need.

To find this on previous versions you can use the this url: "site url/​Lists/TaxonomyHiddenList/AllItems.aspx" on your site collection and it will show a list of /terms.... click on any of the terms to display the item and it will give you the ID's of the term store/term set and term.  Hope this helps :-)