Error merging the InfoPath task forms of all the destination users

• 6 October 2009
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

Hi, 

We have developed K2 Black pearl workflow with InfoPath form and it has 1 level approval.

Approver approves the form from work list. After we are getting below error in Workspace

Error merging the InfoPath task forms of all the destination users: Key could not be found in the collection!

Any Help?

/JP

6 replies

Badge +9
Sounds like there is an error in getting the destination users.  I would probably check the destination rules first.
Badge +6

Thanks for reply.

1. We have Smart object that returns list of users (“domainusername”) from the database based on input.

2. If a smart object returns A, B, C users, then tasks should be created to A, B, C.     

3. The task disappear for everyone when one user actions it.

I have configured the InfoPath form client event based on http://www.k2underground.com/forums/thread/33456.aspx . It is working as expected.

But the issue is once user approves, then we are getting an error “Error merging the InfoPath task forms of all the destination users: Key could not be found in the collection! “ in workflow.

any help ?

Badge +9
Hmm, that sounds strange.  I would probably try with a very simple form and a single step approval process to see what might be causing the breakage.  You can try changing the destination rule settings.  This might help to narrow down the cause of the issue.
Badge +5

Hi,

I think this issue will actually be caused by the succeeding rule of the InfoPath client event.

Try updating the InfoPath client event design template and rerunning the InfoPath client event wizard.

Once you've done this redeploy the process and test again.

Hope this helps.

Gert

Badge +6

I have deleted and reconfigure InfoPath client event again. But there is no progress and getting same error.

For your info :

Infopath form is web enabled and it has managed code ,deployed through central admin

I am doing below updates before  approval event as shown below  , does it cause this issue ?

1) Change View

2) Update Xml Fields

3) Upload Form into Document Library

4) Update Metadata of Form in Document Library

Any help please?

/JP

13115i209305AB2B59C7D7.jpg
Badge +9

Closing this off as this was resolved on-site with the help of a consultant.

The issue was related to an SmartObject call being configured both in the primary and secondary data sources.  When merging up the activity data, the process loops through the SmartObjects methods in the primary data source and attempts to execute them.  Apparently, this caused issues due to some missing data.  Removing the SO mappings from the primary data source fixed it.