ServiceObject GetUserDetails when form initializing?

• 5 October 2017
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +6

Is there a way to have GetUserDetails populate when form initializes? Or does it only work when username is input? I would like to have a form display with basic Active Directory details (name, email, phone, manager, department) when a user opens it without having to enter anything-- then fill out other details not related to AD. Or is there a different ServiceObject I might try?

4 replies

Hi Mark,

Why dont you use system value  for current user on form initialize rule? There are properties for current user like Name, Email and Manager.

Hope I understand your question correctly.

Thanks,

Prafull

Badge +6

Hi Prafull-

Thanks but I'm not really sure what you mean. I would like to post a link on our intranet for any employee to click to request time off. I want the form to populate with as many details as possible depending on who clicks it. I would like the form to display with that person's name, email, manager, etc. (as many AD values as possible) then they can fill-in the specifics on the rest of the form themselves.

Yes Mark, You can do that on the form with system value. Syatem values has different properties for current user like Name, Email and Manager.

You can assign this values to field on form by creating expression and use this sytem values in expression. It will take the Name, Email and Manager value for current user.

You can find expression in field property. add new expression and use current user system value for mapping. Please find attached screenshot for help.

Badge +6

Excellent! Thank you very much! I'll let you know how it goes :)  I appreciate it.