Error in InfoPath Building an InfoPath Integrated Workflow

Badge +3

I complete the exercise alright, and then when it I test it and submit the form I get a Windows Internet Explorer Message box with the message "An error occurred while the form was being submitted." Nothing in the log files and nothing in the event logs. What else can I check?

Also under the same tutorial under general guildance >> lab 2 >> Exercise 2 >> Step 1 >> General Event Settings >> Form Template says "Denallix Expense Claims". Shouldn't that be New Expense Claim?

Here are the properties of that image

mk:@MSITStore:C:Documents%20and%20Settingsmoss-adminDesktopK2%20[blackpearl]%20Getting%20Started.chm::/images/Tutorial%20InfoPath/image10_thumb.png

17 replies

Badge +8

"An error occurred while [...]" and that's all? No "Show details" link in the message box?

Could you provide a screenshot of this error?

Badge +3

Here is a screen shot.  I noticed that the InfoPath Processing window does appear briefly prior to getting this error message.

Screen Shot

Badge +5

I get the same error!

This error occurred in the SharePoint Log File:

10/19/2007 15:16:53.74  w3wp.exe (0x13E0)                        0x0484 Forms Server                   Forms Services Data Objects    13zh Exception  System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out     at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()     at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.SolutionLifetime.WebServiceHelper.GetResponseHelper(WebRequest request, DataAdapterTimer dataAdapterTimer, DataAdapterCredentials credentials, Stopwatch timer, ExecWebRequestExceptionState state, String adapterName, Boolean isQuery)     at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.SolutionLifetime.WebServiceHelper.ExecWebRequestSync(XPathNavigator inputSubDOM, Boolean[] inputUseDataset, XPathNavigator resultsSubDOM, Boolean resultUseDataset, XPathNavigator errorsSubDOM, Uri serviceUrl, Uri soapAction, Int64 timeOutMillisec, Solution solution, Document document, String name, Boolean isQuery, DataAdapterTimer dataAdapterTimer, DataAdapterCredentials credentials,... a8f3d9ed-964f-4fa4-ae76-99b77f6bf79a
10/19/2007 15:16:53.74* w3wp.exe (0x13E0)                        0x0484 Forms Server                   Forms Services Data Objects    13zh Exception ... Boolean useDcl, Boolean useProxy, Boolean useSelf) a8f3d9ed-964f-4fa4-ae76-99b77f6bf79a
10/19/2007 15:16:53.74  w3wp.exe (0x13E0)                        0x0484 Forms Server                   Forms Services Runtime - Data C 82g0 Warning  Form submission failed. (User: User, Form Name: Expense, IP: , Request: http://Testserver/_layouts/Postback.FormServer.aspx, Form ID: urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:infopath:Expense:-myXSD-2007-10-18T14-51-38, Type: DataAdapterException, Exception Message: The operation has timed out The operation has timed out) a8f3d9ed-964f-4fa4-ae76-99b77f6bf79a

Badge +3

I enabled logging in sharepoint (reference)and now get this message

The form could not be submitted to http://mossdev:8086/RuntimeServices/InfoPathService.asmx because this action would violate cross-domain security restrictions.  To allow this data connection for administrator-approved forms, enable full trust for the form template, or add the connection to a Data Connection Library.  For user forms, cross-domain connections must be enabled in SharePoint Central Administration, and all connections must be in a Data Connection Library.  For more information, please see the security documentation for InfoPath Forms Services. (User: DCmoss-admin, Form Name: Denallix Expense Claims, IP: , Request: http://portal/_layouts/Postback.FormServer.aspx, Form ID: urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:infopath:Denallix-Expense-Claims:-myXSD-2007-10-18T16-52-50, Type: DataAdapterException, Exception Message: Security settings on the server prevent the use of this data connection.)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

Badge +5

HI,

When using form services please ensure that you have enabled "Cross-Domain Access for User Form Templates" in you Moss Administration enabled.

You can verify this by opening  Moss Administration page > Application Management > Configure InfoPath Form Services.

HTH

Gert

Badge +8

Gert is perfectly right.

Concerning the timeout problem, it often occurs on my virtual servers. It's just because of a latency concerning the K2/Infopath web services thread due to the virtualization (because we have too much virtual servers on the same host and not enough memory). If you try to submit it again just after this error occurs, it will certainly work. If not, I fear I'm helpless...

Badge +3

Gert's solution fixed my problem.

Thanks

Badge +3

I also get the timeout on my VPC. The next time I submit the form it seems to work.  Is there some way to fix this?

Badge +5

It is strange, if i submit the expense tutorial i get the timeout error, but the form is saved at the document library, after i reopen the new form i get the rules error that not all rules were applyed, also in the sharepoint log another timeout error,

i have checked the forms server settings, they are ok, it is a VPC with 1,5 GB Memory

are there any special settings for the database? i think there could appear the time out error.

Badge +5

I found the error which generated my problem, the SharePoint "Data Connection Timeouts" where to short.

Time Out error

More Infos at:

http://moldenco.blogspot.com/2007_01_01_archive.html

Badge +7
icon-quote.gifGert:

HI,

When using form services please ensure that you have enabled "Cross-Domain Access for User Form Templates" in you Moss Administration enabled.

You can verify this by opening  Moss Administration page > Application Management > Configure InfoPath Form Services.

HTH

Gert

Enabled "Cross-Domain Access for User Form Templates" already, nothing help, still getting that error. I even tried to click few more times, the same error comes up.

Badge +2

Hi,

I had this same problem, but managed to find out what was wrong: The tutorial doesn't give any advice on how to give the deployed processes "Process rights", so you have to open the K2 Workspace and from there the Management view - after that find the process you have deployed and give "Start" and "View" process rights to the account you are using when submitting the InfoPath form.

This at least solved the problem for me.

-Jukka

Badge +2

After I was able to send the form to the server, I checked the status of the process instance and noticed that it always ended to an Error status. The error says only, that "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized"?

Does anyone know what to do next?

-Jukka

Badge +10

Is this a multi server environment....Could be kerberos...

Badge +2

I managed to solve my problem related to this. It had to do with the K2 Service Account that was not in the local Administrators user group.

Problem solved with me.

Badge

I too am having the same error, but none of the previous suggestions have worked for me.

1) K2 service account is in local admin group

2) Allow cross-domain data access box checked

3)No errors in the K2 Management Console - Error Profiles

Error found in MOSS log:

04/08/2010 15:58:18.91     w3wp.exe (0x1274)                           0x13C8    Forms Server                      Forms Services Runtime - Data C    82fz    Warning     The form could not be submitted to http://XXXX/RuntimeServices/InfoPathService.asmx because this action would violate cross-domain security restrictions.  To allow this data connection for administrator-approved forms, enable full trust for the form template, or add the connection to a Data Connection Library.  For user forms, cross-domain connections must be enabled in SharePoint Central Administration, and all connections must be in a Data Connection Library.  For more information, please see the security documentation for InfoPath Forms Services. (User: DOMAIN_USER, Form Name: XXXXXX, IP: , Request: https://MY_SERVER HERE/_layouts/Postback.FormServer.aspx, Form ID: urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:infopath:XXXXXXXX:-myXSD-2009-10-26T14-16-25, ...    aec54470-2f9b-43a0-8d99-bdba71410015

Badge +8

IE also has an option to allow/disallow cross domain data sources. Make sure yours is enabled for the zone your site resides in: You will find it in the Miscellaneous section in the Custom Settings window for the zone, it's called "Access data sources across domains". Make sure its set to allow.