Update Document Metadata doesn't show columns

Badge +1

Hi

I'm trying to update document metadata in the Sharepoint Documents activity, but when I get to the Document Metadata screen only Title is showing.  None of the other columns from the sharepoint library are visible.   There are other SP sites that I can access from this event which work ok, but not with the SP site that I need.

This is a SP integrated workflow.  Any clues how to fix?  Thanks.

3 replies

Badge +6

Is this SharePoint library associated with a custom content type? Are the columns out of the box ones? Try running the SharePoint Integration wizard again in the workflow. Does all the libraries in this SP site have the same issue?

Badge +1

Hi Sujeeth.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Stupid me.  The library was created by Infopath form.  If I add another column to the SP library I can see it in the update metadata wizard.  The wizard won't pick up the infopath or sharepoint generated columns (eg created by, modified by, checked out to)

Badge +6

It is currently not possible to set/get the data from the system columns('created by' etc) within the wizard. A feature enhancement has been logged for this. As a workaround, Create a Smartobject for your list from Site Actions-->K2 Site Settings-->K2 SmartObject Site Lists and Libraries and use 'Get List' or 'Load' method to retrieve the data.