Make a View readable but not interactable

Badge +2

Hi, 

i am trying to show a Manager a View with Data but i don´t want him to be able to interact with those data.

If i disable the view controls, its not readable any more.

What do i have to do?

Regards

7 replies

Badge +10

are you using K2.net 2003? or is this a question on the new K2 smartforms?  

Badge +2

It is for the new K2 smartforms.

Badge +10

I dont know of a way to make the entire view readonly but in the settings page of each view you can make each individual field read only.

Badge +4

All,

You can disable the whole view via a rule.

Helo,

I assume the issue is when disabled, the watermark is a bit too much and the fields are too light to read? I see the same problem. I suspect there is some CSS somewhere that can be edited, but i'm not sure where.

I would put in a support ticket to ask that question.

In the interim, i've been displaying read-only data via Data Labels instead of text boxes. This keeps the data readable, but cannot be changed.

HTH,

Tyler

Badge +4

Also, another interim solution if you need to keep the text boxes, you could simply set up your submit buttons/etc to not call update on those fields whether the user changed them or not.

Tyler

Badge +2

Thanks to all.

It seems that the easiest way is, if i work with datafields.

Thats kind a good way!

Helo

Badge +2

You can quickly set a view to read only on a form. Drop the view you want onto the form.  Highlight the view and look at the properties section.  There's a checkbox for "Enabled" uncheck it and it will be read only.  As tylercla mentioned, it does make it a little harder to read.