How to change K2 system time zone

Badge +2

Hi Experts,

We have newly setup the K2 platform for our client. Right now, by default, the K2 system is running in UTC timezone.

Could you someone guide me how to change the system clock to run in different timezone.

Thanks !

8 replies

Badge +6

Hi, 

Firstly you would need to change the System's timezone, and all other localization settings on the system, including the web browser, change the K2 SmartForms runtime and design time web.config files, do an IIS reset and restart the K2 BlackPearl service.

Regards,

Badge +2

Hi Taariq Benn,

Server is already running in UTC+3 time zone.

Could you please shed more light on, what exactly needs to be modifed in the web.config file ?

Thanks !

Badge +6

a. IIS .NET GLobalization settings:

i. Parent Site - Invariant

ii. Subsites - Auto-detect

b. Regional Settings:

i. Date: Set According to region

C. Web.config SmartObjectExecution Culutre = set for region

-This filed is located in the Web.config files for both SmartForms Runtime And Design time in their respective folders, located in  the K2 BlackPearl program files folder

Badge +2

Hi Taariq Benn,

Not able to find the tag <SmartObjectExecution Culture> in either of the web.config files (designer as well as runtime). Should this tag be manually added in web.config ?

Might be it would be more relevant to mention the components version.

K2 Blackpearl 4.6.7

K2 Smartforms 1.0.6

Thanks !

Badge +6

Hi Parul,

Ah I see, it appears that the web.config files for SmartForms 1.0.6 is different and does not contain the <SmartObjectExecution Culture>  field, however it does contain a <globalization culture="auto" uiCulture="auto" /> which should match the regional settings of the system.

Regards,

Badge +2

Hi Taariq Benn,

Updated the Globalizatoin culture to "fi-FI" for both designer and runtime config files. But unfourtunately, still the System values shows the UTC time though the "Browser culture" field value under "System values" got reflected to fi-FI. 

To note Host server logs are properly running in server timezone without any issues.

Anywhere else I need to update the timezone ?

Thanks !

Badge +2

Hi Taariq Benn,

It was my fault. It's the data type mismatch which caused the confusion.

Earlier I was trying to capture the timestamp in text field, which resulted in, the time value to be displayed in UTC time zone.

Its working fine, if I capture it in date field.

Thanks a lot for your recommedations :-)

Badge +6

Hi,

Glad to hear you managed to resolve this issue. I will mark your previous post as the solution.

Thanks and Regards,