Error: CHeck user has at least read permissions

• 7 September 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Have a workflow that calls a flex tasks.  Tested, work great.  Now in prod and it has started occationally failing when someone responds to the flexitask.  If you look at the graphical workflow history, you can see that someone approved the task., however, it has not advanced to the next control in the workflow.  When you look in the history you see:

Workflow Details  [if IE 9]  [endif] 

9/1/2017 12:13 PMTask Completed(Keyser, Franstine) Not eligible
<message from task removed by poster>
No
9/1/2017 12:13 PMWorkflow CommentError in task. Cannot find item with id 76 in list 'Spirit Awards Nominations'. Check the user has at least read permissions. Current user: i:0#.w|<domain>/<username>.Error

Howeerm when I look at the Spirit Awards Nomination library, the user does have Read and Contribute-Restricted,which is defined below.  I really am at a loss for why this happens.

Contribute-Restricted - Under Site Permissions
• Cannot Browse Directories
• Cannot Delete list items or documents
• Cannot Approve
• Cannot View the source of documents
• Cannot view versions
• Cannot delete versions
• Cannot create alerts

CAN
Enumerate files and folders in a Web site using SharePoint Designer and Web DAV interfaces.

Personal Permissions 
cannot Add/Remove Personal Web Parts 
cannot Update Personal Web Parts

4 replies

Badge +16

do they have permissions to the overall site?

what is the next action?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Charles,

if you don't use any actions with "run as workflow owner" enabled then the workflow is running with the initiator's security context which should be the user that is mentioned in the error message. If the user has permission to read the list, single item permissions could still cause missing read permissions, if you use them.

I would do the following :

• go to your list "Spirit Awards Nomination" as site owner or admin
      • search for the element with the ID 76 (easiest way is to create a temporary view that shows you the ID column of all elements
      • open permissions for that element and hit Check Permissions in the ribbon bar207328_pastedImage_3.png
      • Now enter the user mentioned in your error message and hit Check Now
      • If the result shows None, like in the screenshot below you should ensure that the user gets at least read permissions to your element207344_pastedImage_6.png

If you get a different result, does it show at least read permissions?

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +1

The user has Read and Contribute-Restricted,

Charles Nigel Lavin

Mercy Health Services

X5128

443-977-4902

Badge +1

They have Read permissions to the overall site.

The next action is Query List action that lookups the task used by the flexi-task use by the workflow by matching Workflow ID, Workflow List and title. The users have Read and approve to the workflow task list.

Charles Nigel Lavin

Mercy Health Services

X5128

443-977-4902