Solved

Removing the thousandths separator when the double-click to edit event is raised?

• 2 January 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hello!

I noticed that even when you specify to not use the thousandths separator on a list view, when making the "Double-click row to edit (default)" option available, when the field is in edit mode, the thousandths separator is present.

I've tried all sensable format options (Making the SO property Text Type, using custom formatting on the field etc.)

Anyone have any suggestions?  I'm dealing with account numbers in this list, so seeing the "," is not viable when editing a row.  I'd rather not design a subview just to edit a field :P

Let me know, thanks!

15391i09AB8FE2C14B867F.jpg

icon

Best answer by tin 3 January 2018, 18:03

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Hello,

Usually an editable list view is made up of the 'display section' and the 'editable section'.  When double clicking on a row, you are interacting with the editable section.

Was the 1000 separators also disabled for the control of the editable row?  This is done so by select the control in question and editing the custom style that is applied:

Badge +3

Thank you so much, that was it!  I wasn't aware that was how you can apply styles to that "Mode" as I was calling it.

thanks again!